Today I decided to write a post that will answer a question many of my readers have – how to make Pinterest images that attract attention and generate repins, as well as traffic to your website or blog. How do you make your product or service attractive and clickworthy through a Pinterest pin? How do I attract users to visit my Pinterest profile?
As for me, Pinterest brings about 80% of the traffic, and it blows my mind!
Why You Should Create A Pinterest Business Account
GET 20% OFF for ADOBE SPARK HERE – time-limited offer! (affiliate link)
CREATE A PIN ON PINTEREST: PERFECT PINTEREST PIN SIZE (2022)
Get my newest Pinterest Hack for Free
Download a FREE Pinterest Hack to Know Keyword Volume Numbers
Subscribe and get the Hack by email!
BEST PINTEREST PIN IMAGE TIPS: CREATE BEAUTIFUL PIN DESIGN
- Pinterest Images with faces receive 23% less repins.
- Your image should include at least a few vibrant colors – yellow, pink, red, etc. Images with red, pink tones get on average twice more repins than images with blue tones!
3. It’s recommended to use a contextual background when you choose an image or create pin as opposed to a simple monocolored background (for example, plain white). The background should add some meaning to the pin!
4. Too dark images receive 20 times less repins than images with medium lightness. Don’t use too dark photos or wholly white images as a background for your pins often as users prefer the golden middle.
- Keep a balance with branding elements. When your logo or site domain occupies too much space on the picture, it looks like a direct advertisement and users avoid sharing such content.
- Quality! Well, no need to comment on this, images of high resolution look better and get more repins.
- If you do not have photos taken by yourself, then it is safe to use stock photos or royalty free images.
CREATE PINS EASY: BEST TOOLS TO CREATE PINTEREST IMAGES
Both tools have free (limited functionality) versions, but you can always try and later upgrade to a pro version. If you sign-up for PicMonkey using my link, I might receive a small commission (only if and when you move to the paid version).
As for Nuno and I, we use old-school, solid Photoshop, you can check here their monthly subscription plans, quite affordable.
Now let’s get to the best part – the FREE Pinterest Image Templates.
How to Make Money Blogging
10+ Work from Home Jobs to Make Extra $1000 a Month
20+ Best Paid Surveys Sites – Get Paid to Take Surveys!
10 Ideas How to Make Money from Home. Start earning today!
My first Income and Traffic Report
PINTEREST PIN TEMPLATES AND HOW TO GUIDE IN PHOTOSHOP
To change the background color, select this layer:
If you wish to change the opacity, so the image becomes slight visible, you can do it here:
0% will have no color, 100% makes it entirely opaque.
If you want to change the background of a color layer, for example, the background box of the text, Right-click on this layer, and go to Blending Options.
You can select the color clicking here:
To edit the text, just select the Text Tool (T shortcut) by clicking on it on the Toolbar.
Then, go to the text you want to edit, hover it with the mouse and click.
To move freely in the canvas any of the layers, just select a layer, and then in the Toolbar select the Move Tool (V) – then just drag and drop.
Now you are ready to use the free templates, you know the theory and the with the instruction above can edit templates.
To download a pack of FREE Pinterest image templates that are made professionally, following all the recommendations for Pinterest images, leave me your email in the form below, and I’ll send to your inbox an archived folder with editable PSD files. You will open them in Photoshop and edit text, colors or anything else you want to change for different posts.
Download a FREE Pack of Pinterest Image Templates!
Subscribe and get the pack by email!
MAKE PINTEREST PINS IN CANVA
Just as I have mentioned before, you can make your pins in Canva for free and in no time! With the platform’s endless beautiful templates, you do not need to create your pin from scratch. Canva can help you create gorgeous pins without needing to have experience in graphic design so you can just focus and grow your business.
Here’s a quick and easy tutorial on how to create beautiful images for Pinterest on Canva:
- Create a free account on Canva either on a desktop or their mobile app.
- Once you are at their homepage, you will see the “What Will You Design?” header. Click on the search bar under it and type “Pinterest templates”.
- You will then be directed to a results page filled with gorgeous Pinterest pins templates that you can use.
- Choose a template, change the text overlay and change the image to something you prefer.
- Click save, download, and you can schedule your pins or upload them directly to Pinterest, optimize your pin by adding a pin description and pin title.
Font Recommendations for Images for Pinterest
Technically, pinners can use anything as a font for their pin. However, it’s a good idea to use bold fonts since they work best as it immediately catches the attention of a Pinterest user and will be more engaged to click on the pin. And yes, you can use free platforms like Canva to create pins with fonts already provided.
Here are some font recommendations I personally use that can help make your pins look engaging:
- Montserrat Classic (Canva)
- Apricots (Canva)
- Abril Fatface
- Clear Sans Regular
Bonus: Go Viral With Pinterest Idea Pins
Pinterest is a great app for business owners because it is an innovative platform that always provide new features. Idea pins is one of them. Idea Pins is Pinterest’s new feature where you can post or record multiple videos, add images, lists and custom text in a single Pin image. Like other Pins, Idea Pins will stay on your boards once you’ve published them. If you want to learn how to create a board, you can check my post here.
Once you’ve published at least one Idea Pin, the Pin will be displayed on your profile at the top of your Created tab along with all of your Idea Pins.
According to Pinterest, you can use idea pins to:
- Create a step-by-step guide, project or recipe
- Upload multiple short videos with additional descriptive text or text overlay
- Customize the colors and fonts in your Pin
- Improve your targeting with topic tagging
- Curate a collection of products
- Tell a story in a brand new way
Learn How To Create Idea Pins on Pinterest
- Log into your business account on Pinterest on the web or through Pinterest mobile app.
- Click Create, then click Create Idea Pin.
- Click Create new or click on one of your drafts under Your drafts.
- Click the directional arrow up circle icon
- Choose 1 or up to 20 images or videos from your computer, or drag and drop to add the images or videos.
- Use the tools at the right side of the screen to design your pages.
- Click the plus icon
- On the top-left side above your pages to add more images or videos.
- Click Preview in the bottom-right corner to see how your Idea Pin will look before publishing and that your important information is within the safe zones.
- Click Next.
- Fill out the information about your Pin.
- Click Publish.
PINTEREST MARKETING: HOW I USE PINTEREST FOR BUSINESS AND MY RESULTS
My site is just a little over 1 year old, I started with a 0 following Pinterest account and by the 10thmonth blogging, I reached 172,000 monthly pageviews to my blog, with about 90% of traffic coming from Pinterest.
I started my second blog in Feb 2018, and the new blog momshealth.co already hit 74,000 monthly pageviews in less than 90 days! And again, almost all the traffic comes from Pinterest.
If you are interested in growing your Pinterest traffic fast, you can get yourself set up for success with my Pinterest SEO Traffic Secrets course. It’s over 6 hours of video training packed with my personal know-hows and Pinterest hacks.
I can guarantee that at least 50% of the Pinterest tips and tricks I share with you in the course, are absolutely exclusive and you will not find them in any other Pinterest course.
If you don’t need to grow fast and don’t mind working at your 9-5 job for a lot longer, you can totally keep reading my emails and posts because I also share tons of free advice. It’s just a matter of how FAST you want to grow your blog and income.
Save THIS PIN to your Social Media Marketing board on Pinterest and get back to this post later.
- Perfect Pinterest Image Size
- Pinterest Image Tips
- Best Tools to create Pinterest Images
- Pinterest Image Template and How to Guide in Photoshop