Yes! It is possible to find work from home jobs and make an extra $1000 a month or more! With the power of the Internet, we have an incredible variety of remote jobs that can become either a side hustle or a full-time job – everything depends on how much time you are willing to spend working!
If you are a stay at home mom, or a student who needs just a part-time job for some extra cash, if you are in between jobs and need support to pay your living cost, and for many others who simply prefer to avoid traffic jams and other stress-related to office jobs – for all of you this list of work from home jobs should be one of the favorite pages to visit and revisit until you find your best opportunity.
I can tell you more, with this blog that you are reading, I made over $40,000 in one month and you can read my income report here.
The benefits remote workers get are very impressive:
- you can save thousands of dollars per year because you will have lunch at home instead of eating out;
- you will save gas and time since you don’t need to drive to the office or spend the money on public transportation;
- and you also can take advantage of moving to a less expensive area or even to another country with a lower cost of living.
Also, people in our day and age are valuing their comfort and convenience more than before. The good news is that having a home office and ideally even flexible work schedule has become more common around the world and in the United States.
you can order food, stream Netflix, order products with Amazon’s two-hour delivery, and enjoy modern conveniences most couldn’t dream of a few decades ago.
What type of jobs can You do from home?
Well, there are lots of different home positions, including being a customer service representative, a freelance writer, social media manager, a graphic designer, or even starting your own business.
Here are the best 12 remote work from home jobs with flexible hours that you can do to start earning money from home on your own time.
#1 Freelancer Jobs – Work From Home Without Investment
As a freelancer, you can work full time or part time (basically on your own schedule). You can start with entry-level positions like a personal VA and for most of the jobs you will be welcome to start without prior experience. You are working from the comfort of your own home. You are typically more productive. You can work alone or be part of a team. Totally up to you and depends on who you are working for.
Disclaimer: This blog includes affiliate links that may provide me a commission at no cost to you. You can read my affiliate disclosure here.
About 59 million Americans worked as freelancers in the past 12 months according to the report by Upwork. That’s 36% of the entire U.S. workforce.
As a freelancer, you will be able to keep a better work-life balance. But the problem is there are too many job seekers for such a great job.
So what should you do to stand out and go through the application process successfully?
- Check the companies that you are interested in working for. A good place to start is with LinkedIn.
- Put yourself out there. The first step to landing freelance jobs is putting yourself out there. Start networking with other freelancers and business owners in your area. This will help you build a portfolio of work that you can use to land freelance jobs.
- Be professional. Make sure you have a professional website and social media pages that showcase your work. Your LinkedIn profile should also be up to date and include information about your work history and education.
- Be creative. Find a way to stand out from other freelancers. Maybe you could start a blog or create a YouTube channel.
- Be available when companies are looking for freelancers.
Many of us have talents in the fields that have consistent and high demand, and a lot of work nowadays can be done online using your computer, so many companies even prefer to work with freelancers to avoid extra costs related to full-time employment.
If you have never done any freelance jobs, it doesn’t mean that you don’t already have the necessary skills for some jobs! Just check the freelance sites below, and you’ll definitely find something that you can do as a part-time or even full-time income source.
As a native speaker of English language, you are always in demand for the following jobs – copywriting, translations, proofreading, voiceovers, etc.
Apart from the language skills, you have great freelance opportunities with web-design, web development skills, and many others!
Seriously, if you just take a look at what variety of jobs are offered by freelancers today, you will surely find something that you can do very well!
#2 Best Online Work from Home: Start a Blog (a Profitable One!)
You definitely heard many stories of successful bloggers who make thousands of dollars per month working 4 hours a day or even a week. Well, to be honest, I am one of those bloggers 🙂
In the first year of blogging, I was still working full time at my day job and spent only 10 hours a week max working on my blog. In the second year, I quit my day job and started working full-time hours on the blog. But then around my third year of blogging, I had a baby and for the last 2 years, I’ve been working on my blog for 4 hours a day max.
Of course, each one of the successful bloggers has his/her own way and goals. Not all of us feel comfortable to work in super competitive niches, like finance or insurance. Some bloggers prefer to aggressively invest in ads and attract traffic at all cost, they might take extra risks and win or lose. Others prefer to have a smooth start and work slowly and steadily on their blog for many months until they see first income. Personally, I am more of the second type.
I know that many beginners are intimidated by the technical side of managing a blog. After going through this process myself, I can tell you that starting a WordPress blog on Bluehost hosting can take you 10-20 minutes. Yes, it is possible! This hosting company thought through all the difficulties a beginner might have with blog installation, and they made it so much easier by guiding you from one step to another with their buttons. The installation process on Bluehost went so smoothly that I barely noticed how it all happened! I was just following their instructions and clicking on the buttons they offered, and in the end, I saw my blog online!
Once you are done with the technical side, think about the ways to make money from your blog. Monetization of the blog also depends on your preferences.
Some bloggers do not mind to put tons of ad blocks all over their site, while others rely mainly on affiliate marketing or selling their own products. There is no unique recipe on how to make money blogging, and you will never know what will work for you best without trying everything.
Learn how to start your blog and make money online!
Join 7-Day Free Course
Create a successful blog in just a week!
#3 Online Job – Digital Marketing Manager
Digital marketing is a growing field that allows you to work from home. The field offers many opportunities to work remotely and is ideal for those who enjoy working independently. There are many benefits of digital marketing, including the ability to work remotely and make your own hours.
Remote work opportunities here can range from entry positions without low experience level, to software developers, team leaders, project managers, and so on.
- Content manager. There are a lot of areas where your writing skills will be very welcome. You can find full-time jobs for technical writing or writing sales copy on a particular subject or niche.
- SEO specialist. All companies need someone to optimize their content for search engines.
- Social Media Manager. Large corporations and small business owners – everyone needs help with managing their social media accounts. If you want to learn how to become a Pinterest account manager, read my post here.
- Email Marketing Specialist.
- UX Designer
- VR Developer and Editor (Virtual Reality)
- AI Specialists (Artificial Intelligence).
#4 How to Make Money Online? Share your Opinions!
One of the easiest ways to make money online is taking surveys.
First of all, let’s look how to make money fast and without any initial investment except your time. Yes, I mean can start working almost immediately and get regular payments!
These jobs are opposed to other things like starting a blog, which can make you a fortune in the long run, but at first, you’ll have to make some investment and wait about 2-3 months to see your first cash.
Make up to $1000 monthly with paid online surveys
In our world of high-end marketing strategies, brands, companies, politicians – everyone wants to know our opinions to be more successful in sales. All of the above contract survey companies to conduct research and studies for them. Users like you and I can go to FB pages of brands and spend time there expressing our opinions for free, or we can earn some extra cash with online surveys by answering simple questions.
I know some people who make up to $1000 per month with online surveys! Friends of mine, a young couple, both take online surveys and sign up for as many of them as possible to catch more opportunities, and they manage to make on average $1000 per month in total for both of them. Of course, being cautious before you sign-in to any site is crucial as the Internet is full of scammers. But I created a list of well-known survey companies that can be trusted. And none of them will ask you to pay anything upfront to take part in their platforms!
To increase your survey income, you actually need to pass surveys! You might think, why on earth does she need to emphasize it? Isn’t it obvious? But believe me, a lot, a lot of users spend time registering on multiple survey sites, they do this initial effort… and then never get back to those survey sites to actually make money!
When you sign up to survey sites in this list, pay attention to the country indication I made. It is important because survey companies work with clients, who want to collect opinions of users in particular countries. For example, if you live in the UK and try to sign up to one of the USA platforms, the page might appear as 404 error to you or something like this. Just don’t click on the links outside of your country and you won’t be disappointed.
- Harris Poll Online (for the US and for Canada) – sign up to this site to influence important decision makers in government, corporations, and non-profit organizations. You can help shape the policies, products, and services they offer you!
- VIP Voice (for the US and for Canada – for Canada only if you are 18+). Sign up today and earn triple reward points for taking your first survey!
- Swagbucks (Sign up here) – join one of the largest online rewards sites and receive free gift cards for your online activities, such as Taking Surveys, Shopping, Searching the Web, Watching Videos, and Playing Games.
- SurveyMomma (Sing up here for US only) – this is an aggregator of online surveys offered by companies who will pay you for your feedback. The lists of survey companies are ranked based on reviews from other users so you can feel confident that the surveys you choose WILL pay off.
- PineCone Research (Sing up here) – evaluate products before they hit the shelf and earn $3 per survey!
- InboxDollars (Sign up here for the US) – pays members to read emails, take surveys online, play games, and go shopping! New users also receive $5 just for joining.
- PrizeRebel (Sign up here) – is a website where you get rewarded for performing various online activities. They can range from surveys, watching videos, signing up for trials (products or services). You can redeem the points in cash via PayPal.
- SurveyJunkey (US and Canada) – take surveys and get paid! The most popular spot online to earn cash and rewards for sharing your thoughts.
- Angus Reid Forum (Canada only) This platform allows Canadians to share their opinions on subjects from politics to products. In return for their participation in surveys, users receive points to redeem for gift cards to their favorite retailers.
- iSay Survey Panel (for the US, for Canada) – this is one of the largest market research panels in the world, with decades of experience! Join today to start earning rewards for surveys.
- Nielsen Rewards (for the US only) – start earning online rewards just for using the Internet!
- SpringBoard America –when you join one of the leading online market research communities in the US, you will receive points for completed surveys to redeem for gift cards to your favorite retailers. Join this platform here.
- WebPerspectives (for Canada only) – Once your account is credited with $20 worth of rewards you can exchange them for gift cards with some of America’s leading brands.
- InboxPounds (for the UK) – Earn CASH when you read emails, take surveys, watch videos and more.
- Daily Survey Portal (for US, CA, UK, DE, FR, AU, IT, ES, SG, MX, IN) – Participate in all types of consumer and employment surveys which affect your day to day consumer needs. You will be entering to a survey based on your demographics that best qualifies you. Surveys take 15-20 minutes on average!
#5 Make Money Online watching YouTube and movie previews!
Is there anyone who doesn’t enjoy wanting videos or movies? If you are one of these rare people, the service I’m going to talk about can still help you make extra cash.
It’s Swagbucks – a platform that pays you for various activities online, including watching YouTube Videos, giving your feedback on ads, conducting surveys. Earnings depend on how many tasks you complete per month, but I know that you can easily make extra $150- $200 a month with Swagbucks! They send you the payouts via PayPal.
Online Surveys for Mobile Users (Survey Apps)
For those of us who spend most of the time on a mobile device and not on a PC or a laptop, I recently posted a list of legitimate Android and iOS survey apps. You install them to your device and then whenever invited by the app, complete simple tasks.
You are already acquainted with Swagbucks, right? So, they also have apps (Sign up here) and take surveys, search the web, watch videos, play games offered by their app and make extra cash!
For the full list of money-making Apps check my post here.
# 6 Become a website tester and get up to $30 per hour!
Website testers usually work with a microphone and web camera (or the default camera in your laptop). These devices are necessary to allow your employer record your reactions during the testing session. As for the microphone, I’d recommend you this inexpensive USB microphone on Amazon for just $7.99. You also need a fast Internet connection; public Wi-Fi might be not enough as it can open pages too slow.
So, what is this testing job about? You will be asked to test new sites or applications, make live comments while testing and record them for the employer to make their conclusions regarding the functionality of their site later.
The average payment for these jobs is about $10 per test and knowing that each test takes 10-20 minutes, you will find this evaluation fair enough.
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular sites where you can find tester jobs.
Leading and Legitimate Testing Sites
Among the clients of UserTesting, you will see companies like Facebook, Apple, Airbnb, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.
With tasks from this site, you can make $200-500 per month and receive the payouts via PayPal. Since so many people are registered as testers for this site, the sample groups required for new tasks are quickly filled by your colleagues, so pay attention to your emails and be ready to start testing at any time!
Userlytics offers the same testing tasks, as the previous site, but testers in this platform are also required to record their reactions on the video using a high-quality webcam.
TryMyUI – also offers users to conduct website tests, but they allow you to write down your thoughts after the test and don’t require voice or video recordings. Payments are made on Fridays via PayPal.
TestingTime – if you leave outside the USA, this one is especially interesting for you because the office of this company is located in Zurich, Switzerland, they pay in Euros via PayPal, and they are looking for international testers. This platform has the longest tests – 30-50 min but also pays for them more on average 50 Euros. Testers are required to have a microphone, webcam, and a Skype account.
#7 Make Money from Home as a Search Engine Evaluator (assessor)
Online giants like Google, Yahoo, Bing have thousands of algorithms to define the search results, but they still need a human evaluation of the quality of their search results. Algorithms are not ideal from the beginning, also there so many site owners who try to guess how the algorithms work and to manipulate the search results. So manual testing and rechecking the results is a permanent work that is done behind the scene by the strong search evaluators army.
Since Google is currently the biggest and really global search engine, they hire a lot of people in various locations. But don’t try to contact search giants directly about these jobs. They partner with external agencies, which provide training to evaluators and officially you don’t work for Google or Yahoo, you work for one of these three recruiting companies:
Be prepared to wait at least 1 month after you apply for a job like this, the hiring process is not fast at all.
#8 Work at Home Jobs in Data Entry Positions
First of all, I have to warn you that when you are looking for data entry jobs, you can easily find a scam site. Be aware of them and don’t send them any payments for sign up!
Another important note about data entry positions, most probably you will be offered to sign a contract with the company (which is good for protection of the both sides).
Here is my list of legitimate data entry sites that can be trusted:
- Axion Data Services
- Amazon’s Mechanical Turk
- Capital Typing
- DataPlus +
- Quicktate or iDictate
- Working Solutions.com.
#9 Make Money as a Virtual Assistant
Virtual assistants (VAs) work from home using their computer and sometimes phone to help someone very busy with managing their daily working routine. Such as answering repetitive emails, making appointments, scheduling trips or conducting research for the clients. The range of client’s requirements is extensive, sometimes you will have to do just one same thing all the time, with another client you might have to be very multitasking.
VAs are paid on average $50-$100 an hour. To connect with potential clients, you can check sites like
#10 Virtual Call Center Jobs to Work From Home
Working from home as a call center operator or customer support agent becomes quite a common practice because for companies it means reduced of office maintenance. Besides that, it solves the problems with time zones because instead of having an office in one zone, businesses now prefer to have call center agents in every time zone where their customers live.
Remote call center jobs are available mostly for the US or Canada residents and not for people who live overseas. More than 50 companies with open positions in call centers can be easily googled, but I might make a separate post with the full list of these call centers. Here I’ll just name a few companies for you to check.
Amazon – full-time and part-time customer service positions for work from home. By the way, Amazon just announced that they are planning to hire 5000 part-time employees to work from home in 2017, so if you are interested, check their site from time to time for new openings.
#11 Make Money Online Teaching or Tutoring
Online education is not an unusual thing nowadays, people can even get Masters or Ph.D. in an online university. What does it mean, an online university course? Are professors giving lectures online? Yes, they are! Lectures can be recorded or given in a live mode (rarely though because students are in different time zones). Dissertations are also written online, and if you are interested in pursuing a career in online educations, there are many options – from private Skype tutoring to full-time professor jobs in universities with big names.
To start with, you can check sites like Chegg Tutors (on average you can get about $20 per hour).
Teach English over Skype with VIPKid
If you have any “formal” or “informal” teaching experience such as mentoring, tutoring, coaching, or alternative education plus a bachelor’s degree in the US or Canada under your belt, you may qualify to tutor Chinese children in the English language with VIPKid.
This company claims there is potential to earn up to $22 hourly working for them. However, it is independent contractor work so your exact rate will depend on the time you put into it.
Apply to become VIPKid tutor here.
#12 Legitimate Work from Home as a Captioner
Captioning is creating a transcription for TV or YouTube videos. The most important skill for a captioner is typing – you need to be fast enough and make minimum mistakes. Of course, if a movie character is using wrong grammar, your transcription will also be with errors, but that’s part of your job in this case.
Sometimes to better understand the context, captioners need to quickly google terms or some topic, but other than that and typing, there is nothing complicated in this job.
Typing fast is not only important for the quality of your work, but also defines how much you will earn. If you work quickly, you can complete more tasks per day and thus make more extra cash.
One of the most known companies offering work to captioners is Rev. You will work for them as a freelancer and receive payments via PayPal weekly. You can make around $50 per day, there is no minimum or maximum because it depends on your efficiency and on the workflow on each particular day.
Learn how to start your blog and make money online!
Join 7-Day Free Course
Create a successful blog in just a week!