If you are on this post, then I am sure that you already know how Pinterest can be a great place when it comes to free blog and website traffic. But if you are curious about how you can go viral on Pinterest in no time, then I have some effective Pinterest tips and tricks for you.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual platform and is used to find fresh inspirational stuff, which frequently involves people looking to buy something. People usually create a Pinterest account to save their favorite images and organize them into different Pinterest boards while looking for home, food, gifts, or DIY project inspiration.
Pinterest is unlike your other social media platform. In fact, you should view Pinterest as something like Google – a search engine.
But on Pinterest, it is a visual search engine which means that when you type something (a topic or a niche) in the Pinterest search bar, images will pop up in the search results.
What is a Viral Pin? Examples of Viral Pins from My Blog
How To Go Viral On Pinterest
- Create a business account. The first thing you need to do is to create a Pinterest business account so you can track the success and analytics for the pins. You can’t do these on a personal Pinterest account.
- Find in Google Analytics your old most popular pins and repin them to all relevant boards (better if you make it with intervals using Tailwind scheduler).
- Create 2-3 new pin versions for old posts and also include them into your schedule so that the new pins can also compete for the same Pinterest keywords in search results. This is one easy way to make a pin go viral. Yes, it happens a lot that your old and new pins for the same post show up in Pinterest search, and this is great because you get more changes for a click-through to your site.
- Focus on pin design. No one will click on your pin if it does not look attractive. You want to make sure that your pins are vertical, have bright images, and are clickworthy.
- Do keyword research. Your chances of going viral will increase if you include keywords to your pins, Pinterest titles, and descriptions.
How Does Pinterest Algorithm work?
To put it simply, the Pinterest algorithm works to keep users on the platform by presenting them with the highest quality of pins and images. Some variables that Pinterest often looks for to create viral content are the engagement rate, keywords, user’s search query, and user’s activity on the platform.
You may want to look at the four factors of their algorithm that make a successful Pinterest pin:
- Domain quality – Your blog is identified by Pinterest based on domain quality. By looking at the popularity of the pin that originated from your website, it essentially tells Pinterest what the quality of your website is. If people are sharing your pins within your blog or website and it get more clicks there, Pinterest will view that as a source of excellent content and raise the quality of your domain. So you have to make sure you use Pinterest pins at the end of your blog posts. It is important to not skip claiming your website on the Pinterest platform.
- Pin quality – The quality of your pin will be determined by the engagement your pins receive from Pinterest users, according to the search engine algorithm. So, you want your pins to be consistently high quality and have the best content.
- Pinner quality – Pinner quality refers to the effectiveness of your content on the platform. It looks at the effectiveness of your pins (if pinners will engage with your pin), and how often you pin or post new content. So, be sure to create enough beautiful pins that people will search for.
- Topic Relevance – Pinterest looks at your keywords when determining whether to show your content when a user searches for something. So, if you want to make traffic with Pinterest, you really have to include keywords.
How To Create Viral Pins On Pinterest
Ever since I started using Pinterest, I have had several pins of mine go viral which in turn gave me free clickthroughs and traffic to my blogs. Pinterest recommends my pins to users when they search for a specific topic or pin that I have uploaded.
So, if you want to get easy and free traffic from Pinterest, I have here some quick tips and tricks to help you learn how to go viral on the platform.
1. Create Images that Generate Clicks
2. Leverage the Power of Pinterest SEO
3. Timing on Pinterest
4. Upload and Try Different Pin Types
I highly suggest that each time a new feature on Pinterest comes out and you get access to it, you immediately try it out. Why? It’s because Pinterest gives extra boosting to pins that have their new feature so other users can see and try this new update. Most of the time, it will be new pin types.
Did you know that there are several types of pins on Pinterest now? Aside from the usual, standard image pins, we now have video pins and idea pins!
Video pins are basically what it is: videos or animations but in the form of pins. Idea pins, on the other hand, are a multi-page pin format that can contain both images and videos.
With that said, make sure to create different types of pins because I assure you that these pins will stand out!
5. Optimize Your Pinterest Boards
I have already mentioned this in point number 3 but I want to put more emphasis on Pinterest boards because they are usually overlooked. Optimizing your Pinterest boards with the right keywords and saving relevant pins to them help Pinterest determine what kind of niche your account is.
And once the platform knows what niche you are in, it will start recommending your content to your target audience.
I suggest making several Pinterest boards with every subcategory. For example, if you are a recipe blog or your business is about food, you may want to create various food-related boards such as “Keto Recipes”, “Holiday Recipes”, “Food For Weight Loss”, and such.
This works great for other niches as well!
How Does Pinterest Work For Businesses?
Pinterest is a great place if you want to promote your business or website for free. If you are an eCommerce owner or you are selling a product, then Pinterest is the perfect place to showcase your product images. With just a few searches on the search bar in Pinterest, you will find Pinterest users who upload and save gift idea pins or holiday-related DIY stuff and more to their boards.
So, if you are one who sells physical or even digital products, then know that Pinterest will bring you the traffic and sales you need!
If you are a content creator, you should learn how to become a Pinterest creator in the first place. You will find several podcasters, Youtubers, bloggers, and even Instagrammers who promote their content on Pinterest!
This is because, unlike Google which takes months or even years for you to appear in their search results, Pinterest only takes just a few days to boost your content to several people.
I’m Anastasia and I’m a full-time blogger, online entrepreneur, and Pinterest marketing strategist. I help digital entrepreneurs and bloggers drive targeted traffic from Pinterest either through my online courses or through Pinterest consultancy.
Wow, this blog post certainly motivated me to get back into Pinterest…I need to read and apply your methods for SEO on Pinterest as well. Most of my traffic comes from Pinterest, so I need to focus more on it.
I’ve always wondered about repinning the same pins onto the same boards when using Tailwind – wouldn’t this duplicate and triplicate the pins? Is that OK to do? I understood and am aligned with creating multiple pins for the same blog post and I’ll try that strategy. If I get 1% of the traffic you’re getting, I’d be happy 🙂
Anyway, thanks for sharing!
Really inspiring. Have just started using Pinterest for my blogs, after being inspired by Pinterest success stories like yours. Will see how it turns out.
Keep up the good work.
BTW I am also following you on YouTube.
Thank so much for this amazing post. this gives me ideia about the images i shoud create. I am join your free masterclass. about pinterest… thank youuuu