Since you came to this post to see the miracle of traffic growth with Pinterest promised in the title, I want first to remind you that at the time when I’m writing this post, my account can be considered quite small, I’m still under 2000 followers (note: depending on when you are reading this post, I am probably having more Pinterest followers right now).
And yes, from this post you will see how I received 30,000 sessions on my blog from one pin in just 3 days! Just keep reading, it’s all coming.
So, can a new blogger get a good reach on Pinterest and generate decent traffic from it?
Alright, first let me show you the Pinterest reach for my account in the last 30 days – it’s 5.1 million views per month!
I can also show this number in a different way:
You probably have seen other bloggers showing you this number. It’s good to have a high reach in Pinterest Analytics, but it’s even better if you get lots of traffic to your blog from Pinterest! And to see these stats, you need to look into your Google Analytics.
So, let’s head to my traffic report, from which you can see the results you CAN achieve with your blog while working at your day job! Yes, my blog has been just a side-hustle until mid-January 2018, but not anymore 🙂 I quit my 9-5 job to be a full-time blogger. And from this post, you will know why I took this decision and what gave me the confidence to do so.
Traffic Report for 9 months blogging
Just to remind you, when I started my blog, I also created a brand new Pinterest account, so I had 0 traffic and 0 followers for starters. Now, I jump straight to Pinterest because, for my blog, it’s responsible for about 90% of traffic.
Here is how my blog developed slowly but steadily, during these first months of its life. You can tell, it took me time to start getting any decent pageviews.
There was a slight decline in August, which is quite normal (other bloggers in my niche also reported this seasonal traffic decline).
In September I changed my Pinterest and content strategy and it gave instant effect! I changed 2 things in particular:
- I decided that writing only blogging and moneymaking posts is not enough. They worked well with affiliate offers in the first months to support my beginner’s enthusiasm. But since they are quite narrowly niched, they didn’t bring much traffic and couldn’t help me in growing my tiny Pinterest account. So I followed the advice to post seasonal and holiday-related content, and my Halloween decorations post simply rocked on Pinterest for about a month.
I figured how I can make these seasonal pins viral, and you can check yourself the total repin counts for my viral posts. Please note that these posts have not been around for 2-3 years, I created them about 1.5 months before the respective holidays in 2017. These are seasonal posts and they had very limited time to gain traction and repins. Next year I hope to bring them back to life and get more traffic from Pinterest!
Easy Christmas Cookies Recipes
- After the initial success achieved scheduling with Tailwind, there was an August decline, and I started looking for another strategy. Some bloggers promised amazing results with strictly manual pinning strategy. It’s time-consuming and needs your dedication. You have to find at least (!) 30 min on a daily basis, ideally divided into 3-4 smaller sessions. Adding manual pinning to my strategy helped me to start things moving on Pinterest again. I see certain wins in manual pinning:
- While pinning manually, you spend time on Pinterest. And apparently, this gives some advantage to your account. If you schedule everything without even visiting Pinterest platform, I guess, you are not making Pinterest happy at all.
- Manual pinning incites you to pay more attention to what you are sharing, check stats of your pins, and measure the efficiency of group boards and your own boars. All of this leads to better results. You do everything with more thought in it, fine-tune keywords and descriptions depending on the board to which you pin. Eventually, your activity doesn’t look as spammy and chaotic as when you just drop your pins to a bunch of group boards with scheduler… You finally have it. You have a Pinterest strategy 🙂
But I’m not ready to do it ALL exclusively manually. First and foremost, because when the highest Pinterest traffic comes (evening EST time zone), I am deep asleep. Yes, I happen to live in the most beautiful and peaceful little coastal country – Portugal 🙂 So, I have to schedule some repins with Tailwind for those busy Pinterest traffic hours.
If you noticed January 2018 traffic spike on the screenshot above, that’s because I continue working with this combination of manual pinning and scheduling. I keep covering seasonal content popular on Pinterest during the winter months. Any Pinterest expert will tell you that in the winter people go crazy about dieting and fitness. So you should expect more healthy food and fitness posts on my blog in the next few months.
If you are interested in growing your Pinterest traffic fast, you can get yourself set up for success with the best Pinterest course that I constantly update – Pinterest SEO Traffic Secrets course. It’s over 6 hours of video training packed with my personal know-hows and Pinterest hacks.
I promise you to niche down and write more blogging-related content when the right time comes. Some of my readers have been asking me in private messages about my Pinterest strategy. I feel my experience with getting pins viral and attracting up to 70000 monthly sessions from Pinterest with a tiny following, can be very useful for new bloggers who start just like I did, from absolute 0. I’m still below 2000 followers, guys, can you believe it? 🙂
Do follow me if you found this post useful, I’ll come up with more details about my Pinterest strategy soon. Just in case you need more proofs, here is my traffic report for 3 days of January (Jan 15-17).
30 000 sessions in 3 days. And yes, I did it with quite a small Pinterest account.
Conclusions based on my Traffic Report
- Pinterest SEO traffic (organic free traffic!) should be your major focus if you want to make money blogging fast. If you don’t mind waiting 3 years or more working hard on Google SEO, getting backlinks, authority, all this complicated stuff, go on and follow the old-school solid strategies. If you struggle to understand the basics of search engine optimization for Google, check this free training by Mike Pearson who has his Google SEO figured out and making over $10,000/mo with each of the two niche blogs he runs.
- If you want to make a decent income from your blog within the first year, open your eyes and ears, listen to what other bloggers share about their Pinterest strategies and analyze their accounts, their content which went viral. Try to “hack“ their success secrets and apply them to your strategy. Avoid making some common mistakes that can slow down your Pinterest growth. I will speak about all of this in my Pinterest course to come 🙂
- Tailwind rules for growing your Pinterest boards faster because you can see repin counts and share only popular content of other bloggers on your boards.
If you are still in doubt about all this blogging fever, look at my 9-month journey and believe me, I’m far from being the best example in terms of traffic and income growth. But that’s what I was able to do while working 9-5 and still learning my way hard with trial and error. It is definitely worth trying!
In case you were interested in money (yep, Pinterest brings not traffic only, money comes in a package), here is my income report for the first 9 months blogging.
HOW I USE PINTEREST FOR MY OWN ONLINE BUSINESS AND MY RESULTS
I’m a big advocate of the idea that a blog can and should be a way of making extra income or maybe even replace your full-time job. So here is how to use Pinterest for business built on the blog as a foundation.
My site is just a little over 1 year old, I started with a 0 following Pinterest account and by the 10thmonth blogging, I reached 172,000 monthly pageviews to my blog, with about 90% of traffic coming from Pinterest.
I started my second blog in Feb 2018, and the new blog momshealth.co already hit 74,000 monthly pageviews in less than 90 days! And again, almost all the traffic comes from Pinterest.
I can guarantee that at least 50% of the Pinterest tips and tricks I share with you in the course, are absolutely exclusive and you will not find them in any other Pinterest course.
If you don’t need to grow fast and don’t mind working at your 9-5 job for a lot longer, you can totally keep reading my emails and posts because I also share tons of free advice. It’s just a matter of how FAST you want to grow your blog and income.
I don’t mind at all if you save this PIN to your Blogging Board and check it later 🙂
How Pinterest Traffic to My Blog Tripled in 2 weeks
- Traffic Report for 9 months blogging
- DIY Halloween Decorations
- Easy Christmas Cookies Recipes
- Conclusions based on my Traffic Report
I’m Anastasia and I’m a full-time blogger, online entrepreneur, and Pinterest marketing strategist. I help digital entrepreneurs and bloggers drive targeted traffic from Pinterest either through my online courses or through Pinterest consultancy.
Thank You for sharing this. It is so inspirational as a new blogger to read how you managed to gain so much traffic so quickly! I can’t believe you managed to gain 2.4m Pinterest views in only 9 months!! It’s crazy! Good luck with your blogging journey!
Clary from Ohclary.com
Thank you for your kind words! I’ll keep updating the blog when I have new benchmarks to share 🙂
I read alot of people so called expert in pinterest including create and go, twinsmommy, makingsenseofcents and much other but no one surpass you even close to you. you really know how things moves in pinterest. last night go through your pinterest course. seem solid gem but very expensive if its 100$ I would rush at it. anyway will soon manage best of luck new expert 😉
Hi, Rebica! Well, this post I wrote around Jan 2018 and I invited my beta testers for the course well below $100 price, but since then the course has been around for almost 1 year and I received lots of positive feedback (you can find testimonials on this page https://anastasiablogger.com/pinterest-course-seo/). Video courses normally are not sold for less than $200 because of the amount of time, costs of the equipment, software, video editing required to craft a high-quality video course are nowhere close to ebooks which are usually sold for less than $50. If you ever create your own course, you will agree with me. I spent 3 months working 4 hours a day on this course 🙂 Also, the prices are defined by market, demand, by the value provided in the course. If you spend $200 for my course to drive more traffic from Pinterest and in 3 months you make $500 with Mediavine ads (you can make this amount with about 40000 pageviews a month) – was the $200 investment worth it? Or if you take the course and sell a service / coaching / consulting / product for $100 to only 2 clients in a month – do you think the investment in the course would be totally worth it?
You are driving a ton of traffic from Pinterest. I wondering Pinterest has so much potential to generate thousands of visitors daily.
Thanks for your sharing this awesome article…
thanks for the insightful post!
What I’m not clear about is whether your growth on Pinterest (Reach and traffic) is organic?
You currently have 10million+ monthly viewers on your Pinterest account. I’m assuming this is in part paid traffic?
I run some Pinterest ads to promote my products related to Pinterest marketing (like my free webinar, and my course, a few planners etc.) however the amount of traffic I get with paid ads is very small compared to organic traffic. Out of 16 million viewers I received on Pinterest in the last 30 days, only http://prntscr.com/qd2qf8 132k were from Promoted pins. The second screenshot is for a total of 16 million viewers http://prntscr.com/qd2rfj
wow, the numbers look amazing! Would your strategy work for travel too? I see you get traffic from recipes and marketing posts.
Of course! Just make sure you use relevant keywords as well as pin it to the most relevant group boards. And don’t forget to pin consistently! For more Pinterest SEO Traffic secrets, you can check out my course here where I give valuable information about gaining Pinterest traffic: https://courses.anastasiablogger.com/courses/pinterest-seo-traffic-secrets
thank you for your great articles. I recently started Pinterest and I optimized my boards and blog articles for keywords, created several boards, pinning daily own pins and pins from others and I see absolutly no results (my best pin has something like 50 impressions). I am doing it for 3 weeks now and I read that I might be shadow banned because I spammed too much pins with the same url and added some of my own pins to a board from one of another Pinterest account of me. Is this true? Is it possible that I see no results caus eof this shadow ban?
If you are pinning the same pin several times within a day or are uploading pins that redirect to the same url, then yes, you might be shadow banned. I do suggest leaving those pins for a while and make new, different variations of new pins and upload them with a 2-day interval.
This is amazing. Im so happy to see that someone shows how they started at the bottom. This gives hope to a new blogger and Pinterest-er like me! Thank you!
Hello I just found your blog via a youtube video finding some Pinterest marketing tips. then found your blog and video channel. your speech means voice is so clear.
thank you.. keep working on..
I really liked your post. It’s very informative for people. Thank you for sharing this post.Pinterest manager
I like your blog and I hope My blog can bring enough traffic like yours.