Pizza is definitely a comfort food that everyone of all ages loves and craves! And sure, you can go to your nearest restaurant or order takeout but if you are on a diet or following a healthy lifestyle, this would not be the healthiest option for you since you don’t really know what ingredients are in it, and the cooking process that happens.
This is why making your own homemade pizza is top-tier! We will be using an air fryer as your main cooking equipment to ensure that your pizza will be as low-carb and as healthy as possible.
Aside from the fact that you control all the ingredients that come in it, you can make air fryer pizza with your kids since this recipe is very easy!
With that said, here is an easy and crispy pizza air fryer recipe you can do at home with your kids!
How to make pizza in the air fryer
This recipe encourages you to make your own pizza from scratch – yes, starting from the pizza crust. You may think that making your own pizza is overwhelming but it is actually very easy to make!
You can even make this recipe with your kids and the whole family. And the best part? The cooking time takes less than 10 minutes!
12 inch pizza dough
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon of olive oil
3 tablespoons of pizza sauce (tomato sauce works too)
fresh basil (optional) or any of your preferred toppings
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
Spread the olive oil (or nonstick cooking spray) on the air fryer basket and place a parchment paper to prevent the pizza from sticking.
Now, to make the pizza. Roll the pizza dough on a floured surface. Make sure that the size of your dough is similar and can fit the size of your air fryer basket.
Carefully transfer the pizza dough to the air fryer and then brush lightly with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
Spread a light layer of pizza sauce (or tomato sauce) on your pizza dough and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese along with your preferred pizza toppings.
Air fry your pizza for around 7 minutes to 370 degrees F until the crust is crispy and golden brown, and the mozzarella cheese has melted.
Top it all off with fresh basil, grated cheese, and other seasonings or your desired toppings to the pizza for that extra flavor.
Take it out of the air fryer and serve.
More notes for the best air fryer pizza results
You can cook a homemade pizza perfectly in the air fryer with just a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time. For the best results, here are more tips and notes on how to make the best homemade pizza in an air fryer!
- For the least hassle, you can try using naan as your pizza dough!
- You can also try flour tortillas as the dough and make air fryer tortilla pizza!
- I recommend using freshly shredded mozzarella cheese so that your pizza will not become too greasy and soggy.
- Depending on the thickness of your dough or crust, the pizza may need longer cooking time so make sure you check if your crust is already golden and crispy!
- Cooking time can also depend on the different air fryer brands and sizes.
- If you want a thinner crispy crust, you can use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to your preferred consistency.
- You can experiment and try different sizes! You can make pizza bars or pizza bites for your kids to eat and enjoy.
- You can also use the air fryer to make any kind of pizza variations including pepperoni pizza, Margherita pizza, Hawaiian pizza, and more!
- This pizza is best served warm. So cool it for a bit (it will be super hot at first!) and then serve.
Can you use frozen pizza?
Sure you can use a frozen pizza in this recipe but where is the fun in that, right? But if you do need to use frozen pizza, I recommend cooking it in an air fryer instead of an oven because preheating your air fryer does not take as long as preheating an oven would.
Plus, the cooking time is a lot shorter too which is perfect if you do not have that much time to waste.
To cook your frozen pizza in an air fryer, you just need to set the air fryer to around 380 to 400 degrees F and heat the frozen pizza for 6 to 10 minutes.
Depending on the thickness of the crust, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Get the pizza from the air fryer once you see that the pizza crust is golden and crispy.
How to serve air-fried homemade pizza
Just like any other classic pizza, this air-fried pizza can be perfectly eaten on its own as it is already rich in flavor and very filling.
But if you want to serve it with other foods or side dishes, here are some of my recommendations:
- Serve with buffalo chicken wings or air-fried cauliflower buffalo bites
- Serve with air-fried french fries or air-fried sweet potato fries
- Serve with air-fried zucchini fries
- Serve with air-fried green bean fries
- Serve with salad
- Serve with soup
- and more!
How to store air-fried pizza
If you have any leftover pizza, you can store them in a container or even just a plate and place the pizza in the fridge.
To reheat pizza, you just need to put it back in the air fryer and cook it at 320 degrees F for 4 to 5 minutes. It is quick and easy to make and will come out crispy just like the first time!
Tasty Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
Here's a delicious and easy pizza recipe for your next pizza night with family and friends. You can add in your favorite toppings and make them with your kids!
No, you do not need an oven to make this. You can quickly make your homemade pizza in an air fryer in less than 10 minutes!
- 12 inch pizza dough
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of pizza sauce (tomato sauce works too)
- fresh basil (optional) or any of your preferred toppings
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Spread the olive oil (or nonstick cooking spray) on the air fryer basket and place a parchment paper to prevent the pizza from sticking.
- Now, to make the pizza. Roll the pizza dough on a floured surface. Make sure that the size of your dough is similar and can fit the size of your air fryer basket.
- Carefully transfer the pizza dough to the air fryer and then brush lightly with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Spread a light layer of pizza sauce (or tomato sauce) on your pizza dough and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese along with your preferred pizza toppings.
- Air fry your pizza for around 7 minutes to 370 degrees F until the crust is crispy and golden brown, and the mozzarella cheese has melted.
- Top it all off with fresh basil, grated cheese, and other seasonings or your desired toppings to the pizza for that extra flavor.
- Take it out of the air fryer, let it cool, and serve.
I’m Anastasia and I’m a full-time blogger, online entrepreneur, and Pinterest marketing strategist. I help digital entrepreneurs and bloggers drive targeted traffic from Pinterest either through my online courses or through Pinterest consultancy.