If you are someone who is always in a hurry and barely have the time to eat something healthy, then you would be surprised how carrots in the air fryer can become a quick, healthy snack or meal!
With that in mind, I have here the best savory air fryer carrots recipe that you can reheat anytime!
The Best Air Fryer Carrots Recipe
If you have not bought yourself an air fryer yet, then you are missing out. Air fryer
s will be your trusty best friend for quick and easy recipes that take less than 15 minutes! And if you want to cook carrots in the oven, it will usually take more than 30 minutes of cooking time for them to get perfectly tender.
But in an air fryer, you can have it roasted and ready to eat in around 15 minutes or so. And another good thing about this is that you will not need to use that much cooking oil! This recipe is going to be so easy and tasty that even your picky eater kids will love it 🙂
How to make air fryer carrots with Parmesan
For this easy carrot air fryer recipe, you will need:
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Other oil and seasonings you want to include
First, you have to wash and peel carrots and cut them if you prefer. You can use baby carrots if you prefer. You can also use frozen carrots but I will still recommend fresh regular carrots so that they can cook evenly.
Place the carrots in a large bowl and toss in your olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
Place your season carrots to the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, shake them halfway through. Once you are done and the carrots are crispy and golden, you can then top it all off with parmesan cheese, parsley, or your choice of topping.
And you are done! This is really just a simple recipe with simple ingredients but packed with flavor and health benefits. These air fryer carrots are perfectly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
I would say you can even use this as a healthy alternative to carbs.
What to serve with air fryer carrots recipe
These air fryer roasted carrots are versatile and can be paired with almost every meal or side dish recipe. For some easy side dish pairings for your roasted carrots, you can try these:
- Steamed or fried rice for a more filling meal
- If you are planning to serve these perfect air fryer carrots during a celebration, you can pair them with roasted chicken
- Shepherd’s pie
- Chipotle dipping sauce or any preferred dipping sauce (yes, even chocolate!)
- Healthy Salad
- Buddha bowl
- Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- and more!
How to store leftover air fryer carrots
Can you store your leftover air fry carrots in the fridge? The answer to that is yes. Place carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Cooked or air fried carrots can last up to 9 months in the freezer.
How to reheat carrots in the air fryer
To reheat them in the air fryer, just add the carrots in an air fryer basket and reheat at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a few minutes, (ideally around 4 to 7 minutes), until thoroughly reheated.
More tips for the best roasted carrots in the air fryer
For the best roasted air fryer carrots, here are more cooking tips I recommend doing:
- You can make a sweet variation of these healthy air fryer roasted carrots by adding some butter or brown sugar and maple syrup.
- Baby carrots will take about 15 to 25 minutes in the air fryer. The time will usually depend on the size of the carrots. Cook it at 380°F.
- If you are using frozen carrots, add a few minutes to the cooking time. Add seasonings halfway through cooking if using frozen carrots.
- Smaller carrots will cook faster while larger whole carrots will take longer.
- Do not overcrowd the air-fryer as your carrots might not cook evenly especially if you are using big carrots. If you are planning on making a big platter, roast them in batches.
- To air fry the carrots evenly and perfectly, the carrots must be cut into equal pieces so that every slice will cook completely at the same time. You can cut them into 2-inch chunks.
Why use an air fryer instead of an oven?
For any meal, I would usually prefer using an air fryer instead of an oven because I am always in a rush or busy in the house so I do not really have the time to wait for something to be fully cooked in the oven.
Aside from this, cooking something in the oven takes quite a few kitchen materials which adds up to the preparation and cleaning time.
When using an air fryer, you will basically just need the air fryer basket and your ingredients and you are good to go! And generally, air fryer cooks faster than an oven.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you want more ideas on how you can make use of your air fryer, here are more vegetable air fryer recipes you can easily do at home:
- 1 lb Carrots
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Other oil and seasonings you want to include
- Wash, peel, and cut carrots. Place carrots in a large bowl and add the olive oil, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Place your carrots in the air fryer basket and cook at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes, constantly shaking halfway through.
- Once you are done and the carrots are crispy and golden, you can then top it all off with parmesan cheese, parsley, or your choice of topping.
- Serve immediately for a crispy outside and tender inside.
I’m Anastasia and I’m a full-time blogger, online entrepreneur, and Pinterest marketing strategist. I help digital entrepreneurs and bloggers drive targeted traffic from Pinterest either through my online courses or through Pinterest consultancy.