Are you looking for some great dollar store Christmas decor ideas for your home? I’ve got a collection for you of dollar store Christmas wreath decorations, pretty mason jars, Christmas tree and snowman decorating ideas.
You don’t need to spend much money to create these beautiful DIY ideas – yet your home decorations will look exclusive and expensive.
How do you decorate for Christmas on a budget?
The most festive time of the year is fast approaching and we all know what that means – jolly Christmas decor! Christmas is definitely one of the seasons where it is absolutely fun to go all out when it comes to decorations! However, if you are on a strict budget, then this might be a challenge. But do not worry, you do not need to break the bank or empty your wallet just for decorations that you will only use once a year.
In fact, the best way to decorate your home is to make your own! Yes, Christmas season is the best time to get crafty! The good thing about making your own Christmas decor is you do not need to do it on your own. You can invite your family or your kids and this can become your own Christmas tradition.
With that said, here are some tips on how you can decorate for Christmas on a budget:
- Rustic displays. Get a mason jar or a recycled tin can and place some Christmas tree branches inside. Decorate your jars and voila, you have a rustic display for your home!
- Decorate with nature. If you are not keen on dazzling and glamming up your home this Christmas, then why not go for a more natural and cozy look? Go out your backyard or on a nature walk and get some tree branches, pinecones, twigs, and more to make a wreath and some garlands! The most common use of Christmas tree branches is to weave them into a Christmas wreath. You can add ornaments, evergreen plants, maybe some ribbons and lights, and more Christmas-themed materials you can think of!
- Recycle paper. Another way to decorate your home while using less waste is to upcycle your paper bags and scraps and use it to wrap your Christmas gifts! You can also do some Christmas-themed paper cut-outs to decorate your home with.
- Bring out some throws & holiday pillows. Adding cozy blankets & holiday pillows with pops of gold, green, red, or any other fun holiday colors is a great way to add warmth to your everyday home decor. You can choose some plaids, Christmas colors, or even DIY some Christmas themed pillow covers!
- Make your own Christmas tree. Nothing completes a Christmas decoration than a Christmas tree! And instead of going out to buy an expensive tree, why not make your own? You and your kids can make your own trees by using felt, paper, popsicle sticks, and more!
And before you say that these materials will cost a lot, then think again because you can all find these materials and other ready-made Christmas ornaments and decorations at your nearest dollar store!
How do you make a dollar store Christmas centerpiece?
Your local dollar store will for sure have their own stocks of Christmas decor and ornaments. There are actually tons of cute stuff there while priced at only $1 or less! And if you are feeling crafty this Christmas, then you can make your own Christmas centerpiece with some dollar store items such as DIY candlestick holders where you will only need a glass candle holder, ribbon, and candles of course. Another idea is to make a floral display box where you can also find a ready-made floral or succulent display box for cheap at the dollar store!
1. Dollar Store Christmas Wreath Ideas
This modest and simple wreath still looks like the epitome of winter chic. You do not need any expensive materials or complex instructions to create this magical vortex of snowflakes – everything becomes clear when you have a look at one picture only.
Taken from Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosures here.
2. White & Fluffy Christmas Wreath
This fluffy white dollar store duster is so cute, isn’t it? It would be a real crime not to turn it into something pretty and Christmas-like. What would you say to a delightful wreath, for example?
Taken from Fynes Designs
3. Snow Village Globe Jars
The best thing about these large charming decorative glass jars (apart from the price of a dollar, of course) is your ability to change their contents every year. Well, or a couple of times during the holidays if you have a lot of ideas about the decor.
Taken from Kelly Elko
4. DIY Ideas – Snowman Candle For Just A Dollar
A surprisingly stylish candle is created literally from nothing-that is a dollar candle in glass, a black marker and a small piece of cloth for the scarf. This snowman is done in just 15 minutes and looks like an elite decoration.
Taken from Fox Hollow Cottage
5. Santa Belt Jars
And this is one of the most fashionable and chic decorations that is quite inexpensive. The only problem is to find the mint red and white M&M’s – they are in great demand these days!
Taken from Little House of Four
6. DIY Paper House Ornament
These snow-white paper-made houses turn your Christmas tree into something luxurious from kids’ fairy tales. The supplies for them cost almost nothing, but the result is really fascinating.
Taken from Lia Griffith
7. Glittering Garland Wreath
A little of shiny purple tinsel and a plastic ring are turned into a stylish wreath for a cozy Christmas room in 20-30 minutes. By the way, the purple is optional – silver, pink and gold would be also great.
Taken from Miss Kris
8. Hanger Christmas Ornament Wreath
A cheap wire hanger is something that is very far from Christmas. But if you only saw the elegant and luxurious wreath that can be made from it! Although, why should you just look? We have got both photos and step by step instructions for you!
Taken from Delightfully Noted
9. Lace Snow Christmas Trees
Looking at these airy-fairy trees it is really hard to believe that they are made of nothing but dollar store napkins, beads, and skewers. Oh, yeah, the glue gun. The glue gun is the most important thing!
Taken from Oui Oui Oui Studio
10. DIY Fishbowl Snowman
This funny snowman adds Christmas spirits to any kid’s room or classroom. Everything you need for its creation may be found in a dollar store-why pay for the fun when you can get it almost for nothing?
Taken from Yesterday on Tuesday
We will be glad if our ideas are useful to you, but we offer not to limit your own imagination as well. Visit dollar stores more often than expensive shops and you will understand that it is possible to create magnificent and expensive-looking decor without spending all your money!
these are some neat ideas, going to give some a try this year.
Is there a tutorial for the fluffy white duster wreath? I don’t see it on here.
Click on the link just under the photo and it will take you to the tutorial.