For most of the families, Chrismas dinner is a memorable moment. But if you try one of these amazing Christmas dinner recipes this year, you will make this Chrismas truly unforgettable! If you want to get back to this collection just before the Christmas, just save THIS PIN!
Decorating for Christmas is not the hardest decision you are going to make during the season. So it is when you choose unique Christmas dinner ideas for the whole family. Of course, your menu must be tasty, and you will also need those festive yet hearty side meals.
You have to plan so many things to create the perfect Christmas dinner with your family, Whether you are going to host small Christmas dinner ideas or extravagant dinners with the whole family. We are here to guide you with all the things you will need for your traditional Christmas dishes.
Christmas Dinner Ideas and What to Prepare
The best Christmas dinner with your whole family is what you are dreaming of for the entire year. It might be hard to think about how you can make everything possible, but always remember there are ways that you can make it the perfect Christmas dinner with the whole family.
One of the best parts of a Christmas dinner is having Christmas dinner sides that will make everyone come back to the table all over again. But, of course, it also includes exciting main courses, delicious appetizers, and never forget about your desserts that will make everyone lick their plate.
However, just like planning for any other kind of enormous meal, planning for your Christmas dinnerware and alternative Christmas dinner ideas can be frustrating as it is so tricky. Lucky for you, we have prepared the best Christmas dinner ideas for two or even the whole family.
Your Christmas dinner menus will not only look appetizing for everyone but also will taste so good that everyone will love to take home some of your receipts. We have varieties of Christmas dinner ideas that everyone will love.
Best Traditional Christmas Dishes to Try
Even Though you already know what to prepare for your Thanksgiving dinner each year, such as green bean casserole, roasted turkey, and cranberry sauce. Your Christmas dinner menu is something different and much more critical than your thanksgiving menu.
In the United States, the most traditional Christmas menu is a glass of eggnog, roast or turkey, and different kinds of festive cookies. However this holiday is celebrated all over the world, and for each country, there will be different kinds of food. It will depend on what they are used to preparing for the Christmas dinner.
There is nothing more comforting than preparing the most traditional Christmas dinner for our holidays. There are so many easy Christmas dinner ideas you can find, but still, traditional foods are the best menu to prepare. During this dinner, you will celebrate it with your loved ones, such as family, friends, or your couple. Although several food blogs offer us different kinds of recipes each year, there are times that we crave the foods we are used to eating to reminisce about our past.
That is why we have a collection of the best traditional Christmas dinner menus. From the appetizers, exciting main courses, your favorite side dishes, and of course, the all-time Christmas desserts. But, of course, you have to choose what you want based on what we have prepared for you.
What should I serve for Christmas?
Each family has a different Christmas dinner menu. It depends on what the whole family loves to eat during the holiday season. Some families gather around for some large family meal on Christmas Day, and others feast during Christmas eve. Whether you will celebrate during the afternoon or breakfast and dinner, you will always need the best recipes for your meal.
It can be hard thinking about the menu you will serve for the holiday as you are already full of other things you need to do during Christmas. You will have to wrap your presents, shop for the remaining gifts, decorate your homes, and you will also have to attend tons of Christmas events.
If you are going to add hosting parties to your calendar, surely you will need some assistance. That is why we are here to help you make everything easier for your Christmas dinner. Whatever Christmas dinner you are going to host, we have full recipes of what you should serve.
What are some alternative Christmas dinners I can do?
Are you not a fan of standard ideas such as traditional turkeys? Do you want some changes to your Christmas dinner menus? We all know Christmas is not only a time for your family and loved ones but also some indulging food.
However, if you have already served everyone the same meal all over again, it is now time for you to fill some alternatives to them. You must also bring excitement to your dining table. So don’t stick to your old favorites. Try something different.
Create some fantastic desserts, steak, or plates of seafood. Don’t just stick to the traditional ham for the Christmas season. There are so many different kinds of alternatives for your Christmas dinner menu. You only need to pick what you will love and everyone in the family, so you won’t disappoint them with your alternatives.
What is the most popular food at Christmas?
We all have our favorite meals during the Christmas season. Some foods are preferred by many, and this is also according to ASDA. We all love receiving and giving gifts during Christmas. Everyone is so excited for this moment. However, we all know that several of us look forward to the food being served.
The Christmas season is the perfect season for us to pile up our plates with all the festive treats we love. There are so many famous menus you can find online, and we know that some of these are your family’s favorites. All over the world, we all celebrate Christmas differently, and our favorite foods are also different.
The Christmas season is fast approaching, and we can now hear the Christmas songs. Everyone is already preparing their Christmas decorations. Christmas lights are almost up, and now thinking of your Christmas dinner menu is also in your mind. We are all waiting for this moment, and we all want to make it more special by giving everyone the best treats during the holidays. See also other Christmas party ideas, easy Christmas snacks for school parties and classic Italian recipes.
Traditional Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas
- Green Bean Casserole – for this recipe you will need fresh green beans, mushrooms, and heavy cream. See more Christmas casserole recipes.
- Roasted Mushrooms in a Browned Butter, Garlic and Thyme Sauce – cook mushrooms with melted butter and pepper, with garlic and a bit of flour to soak up the moisture. You will also need pound fresh green beans and chicken or vegetable broth.
- Traditional Fluffy Mashed Potato Recipe – it’s on of the traditional Christmas dishes which you can not resist, made with sour cream, heavy cream and butter.
- Brown Sugar Garlic Port with Carrots & Potatoes – you can make this dish in less than an hour, and will need only 6 ingredients.
Christmas dinner menu sides and Salads
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Cinnamon Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberries – this colorful side dish for Christmas can be done in just about 20-25 minutes. Your vegetarian guests will be happy!
- Cranberry Millionaire Salad – this amazing homemade cranberry sauce goes with pecans, coconut, marshmallows, and pineapple. This sweet side will be a great combination of turkey main dish!
- Cream Cheese and Parmesan Asparagus – this recipe will get your rolls and veggies in one!
- Macaroni salad recipe – for this unique recipe you will need a puff pastry sheet, asparagus, cream cheese, an egg and Parmesan Cheese.
See more Christmas Salad Recipes.
Christmas Dinner Menu Main Courses
- Spanish Spiced Turkey – upgrade your traditional Christmas turkey to a new level with Spanish spices and flavors and serve with some fine Spanish wines!
- Herbed Mayonnaise Roast Turkey – this recipe is very easy and the result is a moist turkey full of orange, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
- Pineapple Honey Glazed Ham Recipe – this ham recipe will balance your Christmas Dinner Menu as the main course, with its flavorful glaze made with pineapple juice, dijon mustard, and honey for your spiral ham.
- Roasted Cranberry Brown Sugar Pork Chops – these pork chops are quick to cook, and at the same time, as the main course of your Christmas Dinner menu, they are pretty, just looking at this dish on a photo, I can’t help dreaming to have them on my table this Christmas.
Southern Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas
- Southern-Style Green Beans – this plate of southern vegetables will get better than from a restaurant if you follow this recipe!
- Southern Squash Casserole – add this comforting side dish to your Southern Christmas Dinner menu ideas as it’s made for holidays! You will get a plate of tender yellow squash, onions, sour cream and cheddar cheese topped with crushed buttery crackers.
- Southern-style baked macaroni and cheese – one of my favorite side dishes for holidays! You can use it in combination with lobster, breadcrumbs, and tons of various cheeses.
- Southern Cornbread Dressing – for this recipe you will need cornbread crumbles, white bread, corn, minced onion, eggs and some other ingredients.
Christmas dinner menu for a crowd
- Bruschetta Bread – сrispy garlic bread is topped with tomatoes and basil tossed with olive oil and garlic is an Italian classic and perfect as a side dish or appetizer!
- Bacon Brown Sugar Smokies – this is a very popular holiday appetizer which takes just three ingredients these and is guaranteed to be the hit of your event.
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts with Sweet Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Cranberry Pinot Noir Meatballs – these meatballs are made with Pinot Noir wine. Serve a glass of Pinot Noir with them and your guest will be happy at the party!
Other Amazing Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas for your Party!
Did you like the collection of Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas? Just save this PIN to your Christmas Board and you will always have a chance to look again at these recipes!
Hey, before you leave this site, are you sure you don’t want to take a look at my recently posted collection of Christmas Cookie Recipes?